Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:02:50 +0200
From:      "Pavlo Baron" <pavlo.baron@a-city.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   rxvt 2.7.2 freezes the system

hi, everybody@freebsd.org

i've got a new problem with rxvt i have never had before.
i've updated my FreeBSD4.0-RELEASE-i386 with the XFree86-4.1.0_4 and wanted
to use my good old rxvt 2.7.2 with this X-Version.
There wheren't any problems using it with the XFree86-3(...), but since i've
installed the newer one, my system freezes every time starting the rxvt or
switching between 2 rxvt instances. it's so frozen, that i can only turn the
power off! Keyboard & mouse are unavailable - my systems's dead!

Q: is there something i forgot to preinstall/update to use the rxvt with my
new X: some lib, some tool or something else?

PLEASE HELP

rgds

Pavlo Baron