Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 95 12:21:34 CST
From:      laufen@sol.med.ge.com (Derek Laufenberg  x7-4534)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mouse Help Needed

Hello,

I've been trying to get my mouse to work with FreeBSD 2.0 (WC CD-ROM)
for two weeks now and it time I ask the net for some help.

I'm using the "Mouse Systems Serial Bus Card" configured at IRQ10 and
IO address 0x338.  This setup works fine in DOS and Windows using the
drivers provided by MouseSystems.

I've tried using both the SIO and MSE drivers for this card.  Each of which
claim to find the beast at boot up.  With the SIO driver, the following
commands hang the shell:

        cat </dev/tty04       # hangs shell
        stty -a </dev/tty04   # hangs shell

BTW: In the config file I have the device entry below.

device    sio4 at isa? port 0x338 tty irq 10 vector siointr

The kernel rebuilds and runs fine.

With the MSE driver "cat </dev/mse0" just returns.
For this configuration I used this in the config file:

device    mse0  at isz? port 0x338 tty irq 10 vector mseintr

Here too the rest of the kernel runs fine.  What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone have any experience with the MouseSystems card and FreeBSD?

Thanks,

        Derek Laufenberg