Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:43:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      freebsd-stable@rikrose.net
To:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IBM ThinkPad Descrution!

Hi all,

I cvsup'ed my system an hour or so ago (18:30 UTC). I got a new pcic.c and
pcic.4.

I booted it on my ThinkPad 600, and it Page fault'ed in the kernel boot. I
can now not restart the machine, because it dies in the BIOS every time,
with error 192 (mm. those lovely full-text error message).

The system is doing a self check right now, so I'll post again when I know
what is what, but in the meantime, if there's anyone on the list about to
test 4.4RC on a ThinkPad, please don't, in case it is a kernel problem.

rik