Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 00:37:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rogue's Gallery of packages that don't add

> I think, pkg_add is slightly broken (perhaps only the 2.1 version).
> The effect is that all thos ``bad packages'' will come out with
> permissions and file owners that have not been adjusted according to
> the PLIST.  Perhaps not *that* big deal.

Actually, Satoshi and I had a long conversation about it and
we came up with some interesting facts.

1. Some of the packages have genuinely broken PLISTs, and Satoshi
   is working on them.

2. The @mode and @owner directives appear to fail weirdly when you're
   chrooted.  Since those directives are now pretty much obsolete,
   they're being taken out.

So I think the final verdict is:  Everyone can relax.  Satoshi is
on it!

					Jordan