Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:06:24 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1 release cvsuping

tony,

> I just installed 5.1 release and I usually cvsup to stable but I'm not sure
> there is a stable version yet.

There is always -STABLE. It's about to feature the 4.9 release. 5.x is
still -CURRENT.

> should I bother with cvsuping?

cvsup is a great way to get updates.

> I have always followed the stable track..

So why install a -CURRENT snapshot [aka. "New Technology Release"]? FWIW,
5.x will become -STABLE quite soon, so you may want to stick with it
through the transition.

As always, see the web site for release details[1].

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |