Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 08:51:00 -0700
From:      "jfesler@calweb.com" <jflists@calweb.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What string to filter? Easy!

I'm not sure why people are making this harder than it really is :-).
The following will sort based on which list it  came from, not which
list the person CC'd.  This means that  if you  get 3 copies, one will
make each folder.  You *could* add dupe checking, but I don't bother, since
"select all, delete" after scanning the subjects works really well for me.
Btw, this will also catch the various incarnations of owner- names as  well
as the freebsd.org, freebsd.com, freefall.freebsd.org, etc..

Procmail rules:

:0
 Sender:.*chat@free
 $MAIL/freebsd/chat

:0
 Sender:.*security@free
 $MAIL/freebsd/security

[etc]

I'll admit: I'm  using Eudora.  It's even easier.  Filter on Sender
contacts questions@free, move to .. :-)

--
Jason Fesler  jfesler@calweb.com   'whois jf319'     | When the chips are down
Admin, CalWeb Internet Services   www.calweb.com     | The buffalo's empty