Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2014 06:59:44 -0800
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        Gary Aitken <vagabond@blackfoot.net>
Cc:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: natd not translating?

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Gary Aitken <vagabond@blackfoot.net> wrote:

> I have a non-gateway ip addr reserved for use by natd, and currently have
>   divert 8668 ip from any to any via ep0

You almost certainly don't want to do that - each packet not destined for
the current host will get diverted twice.  You want something like this

divert 8668 ip from any to any in recv ep0
divert 8668 ip from any to any out xmit ep0

as separate rules.  I use kernel nat, but typical nat inbound traffic
before the rules and outbound after.

- M