Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:41:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet Cards

Hi,

Right now I have a 3C589D that's giving me fits on the network at Montana
State.  It periodically hangs and I have to do an 'ifconfig ep0 up' to get
it un-wedged.  I'm suspecting a noisy network, but I'm not wholly sure.

I'm tempted to run down to the Fry's hardware loan pool and buy another
card and give it a try.  Can someone recommend about 2-3 cards that are
worth checking out?  (I want this many so I can stand a good chance of
finding one in stock.)  I know Mike recommends the ACCTON, if I can find
it I'll grab it.

Thanks!

Brian