Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 08:35:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@privatelabs.com
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache & Module Port Status

I always wanted to be able to add/remove modules without rebuilging
the server. May be, a new ports subtree is due -- /usr/ports/apache?

	-mi

On 13 May, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
= I have done some more work on these ports, and now have the following
= building:
=
= New port          Old port
= --------------    --------------
= apache13-base
= apache13
= apache13+ipv6
=     - need port maintainer to check how I fixed the IPv6 patch to co-exist
= with the EAPI patches
=
= (ftp://www.westbend.net/pub/kame/misc/apache+eapi-1.3.12-v6-20000309a.diff.g
= z)
=         (replaced patches for http_main.c, and proxy_http.c due to conflict)
=
= apache13-ssl
=     + preliminary SSL configuration info added to httpd.conf-dist (needs to
= be checked)
=
= All apache13* ports now use the same layout (FreeBSD.layout).
=
= mod_dav
= mod_dtcl
= mod_frontpage     apache13-fp
= mod_jserv         apache-jserv
= mod_php3          apache13-php3
=     + added support for mod_dav (needs testing)
=
= mod_php4          apache13-php4
=     - needs upgrade to RC2
=     + added support for mod_dav (needs testing)
=
= mod_ssl           apache13-modssl
=     - still needs a way to build a certificate
=
= Could the maintainers of these ports check them out.
=
= The ports are available from:
= http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/mod_apache13.tgz
=
= I think they are almost ready to be submitted but I thought I would get your
= opinions/changes first.
=
= Scot.
=
= P.S.  Listed below are a few things that still need to be accomplished.
=
= It might be possible to combine the apache13 & apache13+ipv6 ports into one
= port, as the apache13+ipv6 port can be built with IPv6 support disabled.
= This still needs to be tested on 3-Stable.
=
= If the above works for the apache13 port, then we might want to see if we
= can get the IPv6 patch to work with apache13-ssl in a similar manner.
=
= We also need to check the Apache modules to see if they will work in an IPv6
= environment.
=
= mod_php3 - add IPv6 Support
=     - ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/php-307-v6-19990418.diff.gz
=         (NOTE: Patch mentions that it will not work on a non-IPv6 system due
= to missing functions).
=
= mod_php4 - add IPv6 Support
=     - no patch available(Is one required?).
=
= mod_frontpage - IPv6 Ready
=     - doesn't do anything with the IP addresses
=     (Don't know if the client will work because I have no IPv6 stack for
= Windows).
=
= mod_ssl  - check if IPv6 Support is needed
=
= mod_dav - check if IPv6 Support is needed
=
= mod_jserv - check if IPv6 Support is needed
=
= mod_dtcl - check if IPv6 Support is needed