Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:22:56 -0700
From:      "Andreas Pleschutznig" <andy@ple.org>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Load balancing between multiple lines?

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01BF1309.6B8C1840

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting multiple DSL lines (4-8) and what I want =
to do is set up a FreeBSD box as a router handling all these lines. The =
problem now is that all the lines go to the same ISP, and will have all =
the same netmask. In addition to that I would like to share the traffic =
on these lines, at least on a round robbin basis.=20

I could think of changing the routing code in the kernel, if there is no =
other possibilities, but I would rather not go that route if I don't =
have to. So my question is: Does anybody know of any solution that =
handles 4-8 lines and does a load sharing between them, without buying a =
$30k router?

Andreas

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01BF1309.6B8C1840

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE>BODY {
	BACKGROUND-POSITION: left top; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; COLOR: =
#000000; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px; =
MARGIN-TOP: 10px
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3401" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm in the process of getting multiple DSL lines (4-8) and what I =
want to=20
do is set up a FreeBSD box as a router handling all these lines. The =
problem now=20
is that all the lines go to the same ISP, and will have all the same =
netmask. In=20
addition to that I would like to share the traffic on these lines, at =
least on a=20
round robbin basis. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I could think of changing the routing code in the kernel, if there =
is no=20
other possibilities, but I would rather not go that route if I don't =
have to. So=20
my question is: Does anybody know of any solution that handles 4-8 lines =
and=20
does a load sharing between them, without buying a $30k router?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Andreas</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01BF1309.6B8C1840--