Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 13:39:52 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        "Ken Kyler" <ken@kyler.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache & FreeBSD

At 12:10 PM 10/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
[snip]

>The problem is I get the following message when I try to access the web
>server:
>
>Forbidden
>You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
>I suspect that I have not properly configured FreeBSD correctly.

Check access.conf.  The default permissions for the apache root are set
restrictively.  You'll want to change those to something like the following
depending on what options you want to use.

<Directory />
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +Includes
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

Try that and see if it helps.

Jim

|=> Jim Mock [jim@thunder.st0rm.com] [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	<=|
|=> st0rm Internet Services | web: http://www.st0rm.com/	<=|
|=> Website Design & Hosting | Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	<=|