Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 01:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Manas <bhatt_manas@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to print to a Windows box

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Manas wrote:

> hi,
>   I am running FreeBSD 4.3 stable. My problem is the
> following :--
>   I want to print documents to a network printer but
> the network printer is connected to a Windows NT box.
> I don't know how to proceed. Can anybody give some
> pointers.
> thanks
> manas

In addition to Samba (which you should get working first) you
would probably like apsfilter (version 6.1.1 or later) because
it will install the printer driver you need for your particular
printer as well as creating an smbclient.conf file that will be
used when you print to that printer. (There are alternatives
to apsfilter, but apsfilter seems to be the most used.)

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC