Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 14:35:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andreas Haakh <ah@alvman.RoBIN.de>
To:        Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
Cc:        Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NT-RAS to i4b

--0-265831799-926944539=:77019

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Martin Husemann wrote:

> > I need to be able to dial in from a WNT box, equipped with TELES h/w and
> > s/w, to a FreeBSD machine. I don't have a clue what RAS is using.
> > I've tried
> > ipr and isp. The latter seems to work but is hanging on authentication. Is
> > there somebody who has done this before and is able to give me some hints?
>
> RAS is using PPP, so you should be able to get the isp interface working. I
> haven't done it so I can't give you concrete hints, but setting the isp
> interface to debug mode and posting the log (with passwords cut out or with
> test passwords) could help us to debug your setup.

I have several customers using sPPP do dial in from their W95/W98/WNT.
If You use FreeBSD_3.2-BETA with i4b-071 or older then you have to apply
the attached patch to /sys/net/if_spppsubr.c (patch -p0 <patchfile).
Youe need to configure isp0. See the manpages or the supplied templates in
the i4b-distribution. I would suggest to supply an ip-number for the
isp0-interface and force the clients to accept this value.
Don´t forget to supply the relevant parameters to sppconfig_isp0 in
/etc/rc.conf...

On WNT you have to install the CAPI-2.0-drivers and Dialin-network.

Create a new entry and check the following box:
* Connection to internet
select the appropriate ISDN-device for dialout, insert a phone-number
and that's it.
You are asked for username & password. Supply the values You did define in
spppconfig_isp0 and dial...

Andreas.
--
Andreas Haakh  *  Mollerstraße 7  *  64289 Darmstadt  *  ah@alvman.RoBIN.de

--0-265831799-926944539=:77019
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--0-265831799-926944539=:77019--