Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:17:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        David Erickson <erickson@mddsg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAC Address

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, David Erickson wrote:

> Is it possible to change the MAC address on a NIC through ifconfig or any
> other means or do I have to get a specific NIC that supports this
> functionality?
>
> Dave Erickson

Someone had written a utility called setmac which used a KLD and utility
program to do this under freebsd 3.x.  I used it for a little while
last year, and it worked well.  You should be able to find it by doing a
search of the mailing lists.  (If the search engine's working.  If you
can't find it, e-mail me and I'll see if I still have it sitting around.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack