Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 13:47:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help: Wierd Terminal Copy Problem

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Kent Stewart wrote:

> > I tried the following:
> >
> > vi: failed
> > vim: failed
> > gvim: ok
> >
> I do to. It may not be kvt but it does appear to be tightly related
> :). I downloaded and built vim. The paste session also locked up on my
> system. I don't know if locked up is a proper term because they
> continue to chew up cpu time. A tight loop seemed to be obvious.
> Murphy can misslead you there as to the proper terminology :).

Yes. I have been killing the kvt windows with kill -9.
That seems to work.
I should also mention that if I start an xterm from within a kvt window,
then it works. So I get

kvt-vi: failed
kvt-vim: failed
kvt-gvim: ok (gvim creates its own window, so maybe that's the key)
xterm-vi: ok
xterm-vim: ok
xterm-gvim: ok

I can't believe that no-one else has seen this. It is so mainstream!

Thanks for corroberating this with me.

Jim