Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2016 15:09:31 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <egrosbein@rdtc.ru>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Dying jail

Hi!

Recently I've upgraded one of my server running 9.3-STABLE with jail containing 4.11-STABLE system.
The host was source-upgraded upto 10.3-STABLE first and next to 11.0-STABLE
and jail configuration migrated to /etc/jail.conf. The jail kept intact.

"service jail start" started the jail successfully
but "service jail restart" fails due to jail being stuck in "dying" state for long time:
"jls" shows no running jails and "jls -d" shows the dying jail.

How do I know why is it stuck and how to forcebly kill it without reboot of the host?

Eugene Grosbein