Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:56:34 +0900
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Torrent Program

On Sep 5, 2005, at 2:31 PM, christophe ollier wrote:

> Le 20/01/2005 13:25, Warren a =E9crit :
>
>> Im chasing a GUI Torrent program that will allow multiple =20
>> downloads of torrents without having to re-open the d/l program =20
>> for each new torrent.  If anyone knows of such a program please =20
>> let me know(not QTorrent)
>>

> You can try ports/net/mldonkey. It comes in different flavours : =20
> with or without GUI. You can install it without GUI (mldonkey-=20
> core), and then use another software as graphical interface, or the =20=

> integrated telnet/web server to control it.
>
> MLDonkey lets you use different p2p protocols in addition to =20
> bittorrent. , as ed2k/kademlia, gnutella, fasttrack...

     There's also overnet as well as mldonkey. However, the problem =20
is that many non-standard clients are seen as bad clients by servers =20
and I assume the same applies for trackers, so I would assume that if =20=

there isn't anything being done for the trackers yet, there may be =20
something done in the future to prevent them from using the tracker =20
since they don't follow the prescribed rules for connecting/downloading.
-Garrett=