Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:57:00 +0000
From:      Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@clara.net>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernsth@nl.euro.net>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>, Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Starting a service after installation?

* Ernst de Haan (ernsth@nl.euro.net) wrote:

> Okay, then what about a /etc/services.conf in combination with
> an /etc/defaults/services.conf ? Sounds like a valid approach to
> me. The only problem is that /etc/defaults/services.conf would have
> to be updated a lot.  So perhaps we should put this file in below
> ${PORTSDIR} somewhere....

What's so wrong with chmod -x $PREFIX/etc/rc.d/foo.sh that would make
the extra maintainence and complexity of another config file worthwhile?

Maybe a small tool to walk /usr/*/etc/rc.d/ to enable/disable startup
scripts would be better?

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/