Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:53:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Paul Boehmer <paul@pboehmer.com>
To:        Shaun Dwyer <sdwyer@arach.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.3.0 Matrox/MultiHead (Long!)

I tried replacing the matrox card with a S3 with no luck.  If I remember
correctly, the outcome was the same error in the Int10 module.  I am
looking around to see if I can find an ATI AGP card and see if there is
maybe some kind of conflict with the "nv" driver.  Since Im not sure if
this was a FreeBSD only problem, I submitted the full XFree86.0.log to
xfree86@xfree86.org.

In addition, I also did a ktrace on xinit and submitted the last 10 or so
lines to anholt@freebsd.org to see if further investigation was required.
In case anyone else is curious, here is the last section of the ktrace:

   562 xinit    RET   read 0
   562 xinit    CALL  close(0x4)
   562 xinit    RET   close 0
   562 xinit    CALL  writev(0x3,0xbfbff9a0,0x4)
   562 xinit    GIO   fd 3 wrote 48 bytes
       "l\0\v\0\0\0\^R\0\^P\0\0\0MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1\0\0\M-n(\M-)\0\^Ud \M^A\M-*\M-8\M-c.`'\\\M-{"
   562 xinit    RET   writev 48/0x30
   562 xinit    CALL  fcntl(0x3,0x3,0)
   562 xinit    RET   fcntl 2
   562 xinit    CALL  fcntl(0x3,0x4,0x6)
   562 xinit    RET   fcntl 0
   562 xinit    CALL  read(0x3,0xbfbffa68,0x8)
   562 xinit    RET   read -1 errno 35 Resource temporarily unavailable
   562 xinit    CALL  poll(0x8051040,0x1,0xffffffff)
   562 xinit    RET   poll -1 errno 4 Interrupted system call
   562 xinit    PSIG  SIGTERM SIG_DFL

I can provide the full trace if needed.
--
Paul Boehmer