Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:23:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys" <rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu (User RDKEYS Robert D. Keys)
Subject:   What versions FBSD actually work with Archive 1/4 inch tapes

I am still trying to get my Archive FT60 1/4 inch tape up on FreeBSD.
What versions actually are known to run these older 60mb Archive Sidewinder
drives with the Archive SCSI drive card?  Mine functions correctly, formats
and reads tapes correctly, but does not write tapes correctly.  Tar gives
an error messages that it is unable to write to the tape.....``unrecoverable
I/O error''.  Currently on a 3.0 kernel, but I am willing to bring up any
version that is known to correctly work this particular tape drive.  I was
told by another list member that prior to 2.2.2 his tapes worked OK, but
after that he was also having trouble writing them.  Any pointers or tips
are appreciated.

Thanks... Bob Keys, rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu

p.s. When is 2.2.5 actually going to hit the newsstands?????  Anyone know?????