Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 14:13:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jc@irbs.com (John Capo)
Cc:        mike@hpanalog.mdc.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 68K cross assembler?

> I use the GNU tools for cross compiling to 68XXX and to MIPS CPU's.
> Its trivial to build cross tools these days.
>
> Pick up the latest binutils from a GNU site, binutils-2.5.2, and
> gcc-2.6.3.
>
> I use this to build executables in sun3 object format.
> ./configure -v --host=386bsd --target=sun3

Say.  That's annoying.

I really hate non-incremental cross build environments.  I guess it
comes from using configure instead of makefiles to do the cross
build ...that's the problem with configure: it wants a single
target to result from the configuration process.  No way to mount
the same CDROM/read-only-NFS on multiple machines and generate
working code without fighting the configure program first.  8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.