Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:49:34 -0800
From:      prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hp TC4200 tablet

my son has a hp TC4200 tablet which worked very well with ubuntu.

he has switched to fbsd7.1 and installed
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/input-wacom
it was compiled without usb support since the tablet uses a serial
connection.

which is supposed to work, but it hangs the entire system and nothing is
being written about it in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/wacom script writes the device
into /etc/X11/xorg.conf as /dev/ttyd0, but we don't know if this means
that the os picks up the tablet or not.

is there anyway to find out if the tablet is actually being recognized?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's