Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:26:00 +1100
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MODE_SENSE_BIG ata problem with 4.7 installation

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:27, Paul English wrote:
> acd0: MODE_SENSE_BIG command timeout - resetting
> ata1: resetting devices .. done
>
> I thought that this was fixed in a 4.7-PRERELEASE according to the 4.6
> errata?

It depends on which brand cd-rom drive you have as to wether it is=20
supported/fixed. I still have the same problem as well, I submitted a bug=
=20
report and was told that for my particular cd-rom drive (sony), I could f=
ix=20
the problem by making the cd-rom drive the master (instead of slave) on t=
he=20
ide cable. (Which isnt an option to me for this is a work computer which =
I am=20
not allowed to open).=20

Regards,
Jacob Rhoden=20

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386