Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:37:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
To:        adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au (Adrian Chadd)
Cc:        kaveman@magna.com.au, ksmm@cybercom.net, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD ON TELEVISION PROGRAM

> On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Julian Jenkins wrote:
>
> > > Of course, I still envy her for having her own Unix workstation to play
> > > around on at home.  I'd never have been prepared for such an emergency
> > > without FreeBSD at home. :-)
> >
> > Well her grandfather was a mad billionaire. This apparently had some side
> > benifits.
>
> I'd love the source to that filemanager. Along with the source to that
> extra-funky 3D tank game you get. MMmmm.. first thing I do when I get my
> hands on an Indy is to play bztank :)

You don't need an Indy - see http://reality.sgi.com/crs/bzflag.html. It's being ported to Windows 95/NT. It's nearly all OpenGL, so should be very easy to
port to any system.

As to the filemanager, it's freely available at
http://www.sgi.com/Fun/free/cool_sw_01.html, but only as SGI binaries. The
README doesn't say anything about whether it uses Iris GL or OpenGL - you
could probably find out from a binary archive, but the ftp site is *really*
slow - took several minutes to get the 4K readme.