Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:55:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Charlie Root <root@ecko.satx.rr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question from Handbook

output of uname -a :
FreeBSD ecko.satx.rr.com 4.1.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE #0: Tue Sep 26 00:46:59 GMT 2000
jkh@narf.osd.bsdi.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

I have a question from section 7.4 of the FreeBSD Handbook.

When talking about the MFS option I read that the perfect place to mount an
MFS partition is in the /tmp directory... and there are directions to add the
following to /etc/fstab:

/dev/ad1s2v	/tmp	mfs	rw	0	0

and then mount /tmp.

I tried that, but noticed that I did not have any such device. Would mounting
on /dev/ad0s1c cause any problems. There is no device /dev/ad0s1c in my
/etc/fstab, but it seems to be a valid device to mount.

Thanks Jesse

***Note***
responding to this email will not work please respond to:
jgonzale@cs.utsa.edu