Date:      19 May 97 10:05:02 -0500
From:      Chris Brown <CBROWN@seitz.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Class of machine needed for DNS & router.

     I have to set up a primary DNS that will also route between two
10base2 ethernets with packet filtering.  The line to the Internet
will be a 128 K ISDN line so that bandwidth will be limited there.
What class of machine is necessary for such a task?  I have 3
machines laying around, a 386-DX 40, 486-DX 33 and a 486-DX2 66.  At
this point it doesn't make sense to commit too heavy a machine for
this purpose and I'll put 16 Megs RAM and a 540 Meg had drive in it
regardless of the processor.  Since it is going to have the DNS
128 Megs of swap is probably necessary with the cached requests
setting in the machine.  Any comments would be appreciated.