Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:02:34 -0500
From:      Les LaCroix <Les.LaCroix@carleton.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re:: (long) page fault in kernel mode: suggestions?

(*sigh*) Hold the presses.  The system hadn't panicked for over a day, but
then panicked twice while I was at my day job.  The crash dumps appear to be
equivalent to each other as well as the previous ones (before pulling the
card), at least to my relatively untrained eye.

The removal of the card seemed to help, but not solve things completely.  So
I'm following up on Mr. River's hunch that it's related to something he
believes was introduced in 2.2.6.  I've installed 2.2.5 with a GENERIC
kernel made with config -g, and put the potentially offending card back in.

The system has been running for something under 12 hours now w/o a crash.
We'll see how it goes this weekend.  If it continues to run, that adds
support to the notion that the problem is in a bit of code that changed
between 2.2.5 and 2.2.6.  Doesn't cinch it, but certainly adds support.

Thanks again to everyone.