Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:09:27 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: grrr TeX error

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 12:32:12AM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Recenly playing around with the docproj, I decided to generate a "pdf"=20
> file...  TeX keeps giving me a "String Size" error.  Apperently, I need=
=20
> to increase the string size, this is after a pool size error. =20

Yes.  This is documented in ports/print/jadetex/pkg-message, which
should have been displayed after you installed the port.

> Adding:
> POOL_SIZE =3D 100000
> to the texmf.cfm file fixed the pool size error, but I cannot get rid of=
=20
> this string error.  Methods I've used are:
> using texconfig init  (like the readme explains on number 24) and adding:
>=20
> string_size =3D 9000000
> STRING_SIZE =3D 900000
> string_pool_size =3D 900000
> STRING_POOL_SIZE =3D 90000
>=20
> Now, I do not know if this makes any different, but jade gives me a ton=
=20
> of "element not defined"=20

That's indicative of markup errors.  What happens if you use nsgmls to
validate the document, as explained in the Doc. Proj. Primer?  Please
include the exact output.

Can you put the document you're working with up for FTP anywhere?

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL--