Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:05:14 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        thrawn@linux.nu
Cc:        Claus Guttesen <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM ServRAID 3L controller support under FreeBSD

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:31:25PM +0200, thrawn@linux.nu wrote:

> > > I have a IBM ServRAID 3L card, and I was woundering
> > > if this card is supported in FreeBSD?
> > >

> > I do not beleive so. Linux/Netware/NT/SCO/OS\/2 is
> > supported. IBM have release the source-code for Linux,
> > so it could be supported.
> >
> > There is a thread on the mailing-list that touched the
> > issue some years ago revealing the same answer.
>
> I have searched groups.google.com but the mails that I found are at least one and half to two years old so perhaps the are wrong but I will check out the mailing-list archives on FreeBSD homepage. Any way you don't remember the subject of that discussion?
>
> But the chip that is on the RAID cotroller is on the hardware support-list for FreeBSD at the homepage.

The chip doesn't matter, it's the powerpc or i960 processor which
does the work and the driver will communicate with. If I remember
Mike Smith said ages ago that he can do the driver as paid work. So
far nobody has been interested enough and there's no driver for IBM
ServeRAID line.
--

Vallo Kallaste
kalts@estpak.ee