Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:37:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hangs on local package initialization

I'm running a 4-stable JPSNAP from Dec. 27.  It worked fine, but now it
won't boot all the way - it hangs on "local package initialization", so I
can never log in.  Even though this part of the boot process is after
almost everything else, including starting sshd, I can't log in remotely
either (or even ping).

I know the problem's not with the kernel (this kernel boot fine before,
and GENERIC hangs the same way).  The only changes I made before this
happened were to change the kernel securelevel to 3, install
apache-mod_ssl, and open port 443 on my firewall.  Any ideas?  Please cc:.

Thanks,

David