Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:33:39 +0200
From:      Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
To:        Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
Cc:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade to FreeBSD-4.5 fails (part II)

Christopher Schulte wrote:

> At 10:02 PM 4/16/2002 +0300, Toomas Aas wrote:
> > > Im trying to upgrade from FreeBSD-4.3 to FreeBSD-4.5.
> >
> >I upgraded from 4.3-RELEASE to RELENG_4_5 and had no real problems.
> >This was more than a month ago, though
>
> Might be the newer sendmail user problems which require a mergemaster
> before installworld.
>
> It's quite impossible to say, without exact and complete error messages
> from the failure.

I've done:

make buildworld
make buildkernel
make installkernel
(reboot to single user mode)

When I'm doing "make installworld" the following happens:

mtree -deU -f /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.var.dist -p /var
mtree: line 63: unknown user smmsp
*** Error code 1

What's happening ?
How can I solve this problem ?
(with other machine, I haven't had any problems).

PD: If I do "mergemaster" before "make installworld"
the same problem appears.

Thank you very much.

--
*****