Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 06:22:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        David Greenman <davidg@root.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing FTP thruput.

Actually I spent a few hours on Sunday making some modifications to the
way wu-ftpd treats the socket and how it handles the files as it is
reading/writing them off the drive. I think the modifications that have
been made actually edge out a bit faster than the SunOS box I have been
comparing it against.

I am going to keep looking into this. It seems that the ftpd that ships
with FreeBSD is actually faster than the wu-ftpd port on -stable machines
too. [For less than say 100 simultaneous FTPs]. I took a lot of the idea
for a lot of the modifications from the standard ftpd program.

-Tomas.