Date:      28 Jul 2002 22:09:29 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Duplicate entries for ruby-optparse from pkg_version -v

Hello,
     I'm running a pretty new (built just last week) 4.6 Stable system
and after cvsup'ing my ports tree ( and running portsdb -Uu) I get
multiple entries for ruby-optparse:
ruby-optparse-0.8.4                 <   needs updating (port has 0.9)
ruby-optparse-0.9                   =   up-to-date with port

What could I do about this with respect to attempting to correct with
pkgdb -F?

I've had a couple of bad experiences using pkgdb -F in the past, so I'd
appreciate some guidance on using it to address the above situation.

More info on the box, I actually installed 4.4 Rel (from CD Set) and
then upgraded to 4.6 Stable:
FreeBSD <snip> 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Wed Jul 24 02:57:09 BST
2002 root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<snip>  i386
#

Thanks in advance to all that might reply.

Stacey