Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2017 15:02:13 +0100
From:      Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net>
To:        freebsd-ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MariaDB 10.1 includes sqlite3??

* scratch65535@att.net wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue as to why sqlite3 is now being installed
> with MariaDB 10.1?  The mariadb site doesn't mention it, as far

Because you have set your ports options in such a way that the MariaDB
port depends on something (that depends on something)* that in turn
depends on SQLite. databases/mariadb101-server itself does not have, nor
can it be configured to have, a dependency on databases/sqlite3.

Installing this one port brings in 41 more as dependencies (on my system
as of right now), so there are plenty of chances for something to use
SQLite.

Also, since your question is not clear on whether you mean SQLite is
installed as part of the port or separately, the port does not install
any files that might indicate the presence of an internal copy of SQLite.

--
Christian