Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 18:44:51 -0800
From:      "Paul Smith" <pauls@futuregame.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   A great Bible study

Grace be with you!

I found a great service on the web and got inspired to introduce
this FREE daily devotional/online Bible study to you and people like
you who may be interested in God, Christ, and the church, but not
necessarily in religion.  This service is called eManna.

Abraham Lincoln once said that "the Bible is the best gift
God has ever given to man."  All who know its history would
agree that it is truly a unique book. The Bible reveals God,
Christ, man, the past and the future, but above all -- the Bible
conveys to us the very life and Spirit of God. When we open
ourselves to its speaking and revelation, it becomes the seed of
life that enlivens, refreshes, strengthens and transforms our
inward being.

eManna gives us this Bread of Life delivered daily via email!
A few verses from the Bible and a short inspiring "elucidation"
feeds our spirit and soul, strengthens us from within, and fills us
with encouragement and insight.

Some days eManna strengthens our faith, other days it
provides a fresh new way of understanding the Word, and
then there are days when it challenges our knowledge of
the Word of God. But every day the pure word of the Bible
is opened without catering to any particular school
of theology, and every day my own heart has been stirred toward God.

eManna can be used as
       A help for a personal devotional/Bible study time.
       A help for group Bible studies and fellowship.
       A tool for shepherding new believers.
       An introduction to unbelievers to the riches in God's Word.

simply Reply to this email, and I can sign you up!

If somehow you don't like eManna, you can unsubscribe at any time
without any hassle.

			Sincerely,

			Paul Smith
			A person who loves God

----------Here is A Sample daily eManna:------------------------3W

Rivers of Living Water

-----------------------------Bible verses-----------------------------
John  7:37-39  Now on the last day, the great day of the feast,  Jesus
stood and cried out, saying, If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and
drink.  He  who believes into Me, as the Scripture said,  out  of  his
innermost  being shall flow rivers of living water. But this  He  said
concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about  to
receive;  for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not  yet  been
glorified.

-----------------------------Elucidation------------------------------
In  the Gospel of John, at the end of the greatest religious  festival
of that day, Christ stood up and said that if any man was thirsty,  he
could come to Him and drink. In saying this, Christ was speaking about
the  Spirit. It is strange that the people could still be  thirsty  at
the  end of a great religious festival. But the truth is that no  out-
ward religious observances can satisfy a man's inner thirst. The  more
we  observe religious practices, the more we will be thirsty. What  we
need is a drink of the living water.

Here  the Spirit is likened to "rivers of living water."  This  living
water  was not there at the time Christ spoke these words, because  He
had  not  been  processed through His  death  and  resurrection  [i.e.
"glorified"].  But after His death and resurrection, the  process  was
completed, and today the Spirit as the living water is here. In  other
words,  He has passed through the process of becoming a man, living  a
human  life, dying on the cross, and resurrecting to become the  life-
giving Spirit. Now we do not need to sweat and struggle to reach  Him;
He  has  become so enjoyable and accessible to us. Now we  can  freely
drink  of  the  Spirit. This living water  fully  quenches  our  inner
thirst.

Lord Jesus, I praise You because You are the unique One who can satis-
fy  man's  inner thirst. In the midst of so much  religious  practice,
make me one who daily drinks of You as the living water and enjoys You
as the Spirit. Amen.