Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:16:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      benh <benh@blues.jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-STABLE, Aironet and WEP

Hi there,

I have a laptop that I just upgraded to 4.0-STABLE from 3.4-STABLE to gain
the Aironet support.  Everything went well, and the cvsup/buildworld
upgrade process was quite smooth.  Nice job, folks.  I especially found
the instructions in UPDATING to be helpful.

I have a Aironet 4820B (128 bit WEP) PCMCIA card in the laptop and I got
it working, but it seems that the ancontrol utility has no allowance as
yet for WEP.  Is this the case, or am I missing something?  I have WEP
keys set on the PCMCIA card via the Windows utility, but I could find no
way to enable WEP from ancontrol.  Regardless, Aironet support is highly
cool, and I'm very happy to have it.

Thanks,

Ben

--