Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 16:47:58 -0600
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How Dumb Am I? (New Machine Woes?)

So, like Philip Kizer was saying to me just the other day:
> Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com> wrote:
> >Second, I've since ripped the CD-RW out of the picture and it
> >just works now.  I'll dink with that POS later.  I have a
> >happy /stand/sysinstall Main Menu.  Cool.  I love FreeBSD again.
>
> OK, you've probably double- and triple-checked things already, but if the
> CD-ROM is the only device on the 2nd IDE controller, make sure its jumpers
> are set correctly (master).

Yeah, as you surmised, I've n-th checked that the CD-RW is
jumpered as a master.  I'm thinking that maybe it didn't
have the right driver on the boot-floopy kernel, and I'll
give it another shot with the real kernel and maybe configure
it for real with a rebuilt kernel or something?

I've been installing ports on it for days now.  Looks good so far!

So, I just built CVS 1.11 from sources off of www.cvshome.org
because I couldn't find an actual _port_ for CVS!  Good reason
for that?  Or just no real need for a port?

And, with Majordomo housing security risks, what do people use
these days to perform the traditional "resend to this flat file
of email addresses" for list management?  Straight sendmail or
exim :include: file directives?  I've got a bunch of lists in a
MySQL DB...

Thanks!
jdl