Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 16:29:10 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Aznofri Kurniawan <nofri@process.paume.itb.ac.id>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bad Super Block : Magic Number wrong

On Fri, 15 May 1998 at 12:43:31 +0000, Aznofri Kurniawan wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> When I rebooted my computer, there is message like this :
>
> /dev/rwd0s1f: BAD SUPER BLOCK : MAGIC NUMBER WRONG

This is bad news.  What it's saying is that the partition doesn't
appear to contain a file system.

Have you repartitioned your disk recently?  Are the other partitions
on the disk OK?  If the answers are "no" and "yes" respectively, you
could try this:

 # fsck -y -b 32 /dev/rwd0s1f

This will look at the alternative super block guaranteed to be at
block 32.

If this doesn't work, please give some information about what you were
doing before it happened.

Greg