Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:41:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD have a problem with some AMD processors?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Greg Lehey wrote:

> This is a Duron, so it has a 100 MHz memory clock anyway.
>
> Greg

Not necessarily; athlons & durons use ddr clocking, so the processors are
200 or 266, effectively.  Most motherboards let you set the memory bus to
either 100 or 133, independent of processor bus speed.  I'm running both
of my durons with the ram at 133Mhz.

While we're on this subject, I did buy a stick of Micron 256MB PC133 about
a month or so ago, and it turned out to be bad and in need of replacing;
bad ram is what I'd suspect first in any case of serious crashing.
(Excluding the subtle corruption problems Matt / Soren are looking into.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack