Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:54:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Geff Hanoian <boing@boing.com>
To:        vev@michvhf.com
Cc:        mustang@TeraHertz.Net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, mustang@TeraHertz.Net
Subject:   Re: -lc vs. -lc_r (building Apache-PHP)

I experienced this as well (just now in fact).  Make sure that when you
include imap that it's getting the archive library, not the shared
library.  For some reason there are symbols that are referenced by
libc-client4.so that exist in libphp4.a (in my case I was installing
4).  And the compiler doesn't seem to "like" to link them that way, I
guess.  But I'm sure I'll get flammed for being wrong real soon now.
I'm just starting my stop watch.  I don't completely understand the
sitch, perhaps I needed an extra option on the compiler that I'm not
aware of.  Either way I fixed it temporarly and quickly by using
the archive library.

Geff