Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:12:25 +0200
From:      Rene de Vries <rene@canyon.demon.nl>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic from within jail

The first time it crashed, it didn't say anything (not even panic) it just
rebooted. The second time it said "panic:page fault" and synced the disks
but that was it. The version of FreeBSD is 4.1-S as of monday.

This morning I tried to reproduce it, but I was not able to. At first I
thought it had anything to do with the "route add -host 192.168.1.100
192.168.1.2" (where the .100 is the jail) that I did because I wass clueless
why a connection to the jail didn't work. But when I tried to reproduce this
this morning the mount command simply returned with "nfs: /usr/src: Operation
not permitted", which is ok. I'll try to reproduce this the evening, if I find
a way, you'll be the first to know.

Rene

--
Rene de Vries                        http://www.tcja.nl mailto:rene@tcja.nl