Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:24:44 +0200
From:      Thomas Bader <thomasb@trash.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Migrating from Linux to FreeBSD...

* Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch> [000727 21:48]:
> > You may set a new password to the non priviledged users.
> > They can change it to whatever they like (and to whatever's
> > quiet secure).
>=20
> Impossible as the users don't have shell access. In fact, we only use
> those accounts for FTP, quotas and some accounting stuff.

Why you don't just give the users "passwd" as login shell?
They could simply change their password by telneting or
ssh-ing to your FreeBSD box.  But don't forget to add
"passwd" to /etc/shells.

Cheers, Thomas
--=20
  .-.   Thomas Bader =B7 thomasb@trash.net.remove =B7 http://www.t-bader.ch=
/  .-.
  oo|                                                                     o=
o|
 /`'\     Einen Unix-Shellaccount gibt es unter http://www.trash.net/    /`=
'\
(\_;/)       PGP Key-ID: 0x3A4B7F5D (RSA)  0x7584F5D8 (DSA/EG)          (\_=
;/)