Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:14:08 -0500
From:      Ben Williams <benwilliams@instantemail.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?B?QW5kcmVhcyBXaWRlcvhlIEFuZGVyc2Vu?= <awand@pragma.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X server for Windows

AWA> Hi,
AWA> I need to connect to my FreeBSD box from a Windows PC using some kind of X
AWA> server for Windows. I was wondering if someone could be so kind and give me
AWA> a few recommendations?

AWA> I only need a simple server, no print or stuff - just the plain (vnc-like)
AWA> thing.

AWA> Thanks!
AWA> /Andreas

AWA> ---
AWA> Andreas Widerĝe Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
AWA> Pragma AS

X-Win32 by Starnet is the nicest win32 X Server I've seen, but you have to
buy it after the trial's up.

If you're into hacking around at things a bit there's an X Server
that'll run on cygwin (free) too. This is what I use.

IIRC there's a VNCserver in ports somewhere too

--
Ben                            mailto:benwilliams@instantemail.net