Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2016 01:29:23 +0000
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install PHP module in Apache24

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 07:38:06PM -0500, Carmel wrote:
>I am building a brand new server. I installed Apache24 and php56;
>however, the PHP module was not installed in Apache. What am I doing
>wrong? Should I choose the "Build Embedded Library" option? I remember
>a long time ago there was an option to build the apache module, but I
>do not see that now.

Hi,

I think that these days, rather than building the php apache module in
apache, one builds it in php. It'll be visible (if I remember
correctly, it's one of the options in make config) if yuou're building
either php or php extensions from the ports.

Also, just because it's built, it doesn't mean apache can use it - it
has to be enabled in the httpd config.

[1] might be wrong though, it's been a few years.
--
John