Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 15:00:55 -0400
From:      Cuyler Dingwell <cuyler@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Samba on FreeBSD 4.1

Good day,

  I'm currently having some difficulties with Samba (v 2.0.7).  I have
gotten samba to work in linux before, from Slackware 3 and Redhat 5.2
all the way through to Redhat 7.1.  I just can't seem to get it to work.
  I've followed the instructions given on the FreeBSD cheats sheets
(http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd) and on the FreeBSD Diary
(http://www.freebsddiary.org/samba.php).  In all of the cases I've tried
it over and over the error:
   inetd[XXX]: /usr/local/sbin/nmbd[XXXXX]: exit status 0x100
Is spewed into the log file (now pointing to /dev/null since it was
filling up the very small slice) and to the screen. If anyone knows what
this error please let me know.

  Also, further information, the computer is set up as a router and does
have a set of rules set up for ipfw.  If this is the issue what rule(s)
would be need to allow use of samba only through one network card (rl0).

  Thank you.

cuyler@home.com