Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:06:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: Cooling CPUs (Was: the AMD factor in FreeBSD)

On 2001-04-19, Mike Meyer scribbled:

# My bad - I almost said "Seymour Cray", and should have, as I was
# talking about the person, not the company. The company merged with (or
# was bought by) SGI in 1996. SGI also bought MIPS, which might explain
# the companies predilictions for SGI processors since. Seymour Cray
# didn't do much with the MP machines.

It's all right :)

Didn't SGI sell Cray to Terra like 6-12 months as well since it wasn't
profitable enough for the already bleeding SGI?

I wonder what kind of cooling system Tandem (now bought out by Compaq...
foo) uses :)

#
# 	<mike
# --
# Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
# Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more information.
#

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]