Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:52:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@nightcastleproductions.org>
To:        Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP connection to German T-Online

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Siegbert Baude wrote:

> Hi Nils,
>
> I didnīt follow the whole thread, so if you already answered my question
> ignore this message.
> Do you have a firewall configured, and maybe some firewall rules, which by
> default deny everything from outside?
> If you can ping a host, which in traceroute is after your own one, I think
> physically should be everything fine, therefore it should be a software
> misconfiguration.

Even if it were so, that still doesn't properly explain to my why I can
properly dial in to any other ISP I choose with only changing the
phonenumber, authname and authkey in ppp.conf.

Well, seems that you are from Germany. But you are not using T-Online,
right? Too bad that I did not yet find somebody who has actually tried
T-Online with FreeBSD...

Greetings,
Nils