Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:29:28 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander <amour@amour.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   running both pppoe and pptp

Hello

I'm having problems running both pppoe and pptp.
I'm using pppoe to connect to the internet.

Using pppoe makes tun0 device with dynamic IP given from the ISP.
Also I'm using pptp to connect to a VPN. pptp creates tun1 interface with
the proper local addresses (i.e. 192.168.1.2 -> 192.168.1.1).

When I start pptp after the pppoe connection is initialized
it is going well for a minute and then it disconnects resetting both
interfaces (tun0 and tun1) and I lose my internet connection and have to
start ppp again.

I can't find good documentation about the pptp. The only thing I can find
is readme telling me what should I edit from the config file and a very short
example config file (about 10 lines).

If You know what is or might be the problem, pls help.

thanks

P.S. Sorry for the bad english and please include my e-mail when replying,
because I'm not subscribed for the mailing list.