Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 17:09:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current users <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: make world failed in -current

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Mark Murray wrote:

> pt
> > >
> > > Is your libutil corrupted?
> >
> > 	Well, I deleted /usr/src/lib/libutil and resup and rebuilt it...
> > Also, am I supposed to have a /usr/lib/libdescrypt* library if I am using
> > just the standard MD5 and not the DES Encryption?
>
> libdescrypt lives in src/secure/lib/libdescrypt. Do you have any
> references to *SECURE* or *CRYPT* in /etc/make.conf, or do you have
> a corrupt secure/ or eBones/?

	I don't have a /usr/src/secure directory but I did notice that
/usr/libcrypt.so.2.0 is a symlink to libdescrypt.so.2.0 so is there
anyway to convert the password files from DES to MD5?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin