Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:08:09 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ISO Images

* Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org> [20021121 19:27]: wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:48:28PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> > I must have missed this. Or simply dump. period.
> >
> > It looks like there is no more ISO image to burn to a CD since 4.6.2??
>
> Sure there is. Which server were you looking at, and which directory?
>
> > Why are there 2 disk images? I burnt a 4.7-disc1.iso and it fails to
> > boot - no kernel...
>
> The image you burnt must be bad. And you only need the first CD; the
> rest of the CDs contain extra packages, but you can install FreeBSD 4.7
> from just the first CD.

Turns out that the image is good but I am as stupid as the IBM Aptiva that
was giving the "no kernel" message, in that I did not test the image on
a different machine. I am amazed no flames came my way ;)

Anyone knows some howto about the IBM Aptiva refusing to boot of the CD??

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to
die in."
		-- George McGovern